Ashley Love is a vision manifestation coach, body positive advocate and women’s rights/racial equality activist.
Love founded Hustle Beautiful in 2019 to help female entrepreneurs live the life they desire doing what they love and creating legacy wealth in the process. As additional sources of inspiration and education, she started Hustle Beautiful Radio and Hustle Beautiful TV.
She is also the founder of the #IAmSimplyBeautiful Global Movement to empower women to grow their self-love, walk in their greatness and get the RESULTS in their life and business. With over 40,000 posts worldwide using the hashtag on Instagram alone, her movement has drawn the attention of many notable influencers and celebrities such as Taraji P. Henson (Empire), Grace Gealey (Empire), Dr. Jackie (Married to Medicine), and Kim Coles (Living Single).
Love is passionate about helping visionaries (speakers, authors, coaches, bloggers, entertainers, small businesses etc.) manifest the life they desire, become more visible to the right people, and see profitable results.
Love is the publisher of Fearless Poets Against Bullying and the Tainted Elegance book series. She has been recognized by the White House, YWCA, Unstoppable Women, and Coach Speak & Serve for her dedication to women’s rights and racial equality and has been featured in The New York Times, MMIA Magazine, Authentically You Magazine and on CBS. Love has be an ambassador for the EPIC Conference, a livestream moderator for PERICON, and served launch team for DeVon Franklin’s #TheHollywoodCommandments book.
Find Ashley on Social Media
Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ashleyalove
Q: How did you find your way into the wonderful world of entrepreneurship?
A: I actually started my entrepreneurship journey long before I even knew what the word entrepreneur really meant. I sold Avon for a while when I was 20 and then became a doula, where I helped women through the birthing process. I also did birth photography. These things led up to what I am doing now. I was helping women birth their babies and now I am helping them birth their dreams. In 2013, I kinda-sorta started my business…You know where you are half way in and half way out…In 2014, things go more steady and in 2015, the #IAmSimplyBeautiful Movement was born and I started working in my business full-time.
Q: Other than deciding to work for yourself, what was the single most important decision you made that contributed to your success?
A: To just do it! For years, I contemplated publishing my first book and it took me just making the leap and praying I would grow wings on the way down. It was the same way with entrepreneurship. I have every excuse to why I couldn’t work a 9-5 and every other excuse to why I couldn’t be successful in entrepreneurship. I had to make up my mind and go for it and I am so glad I did!
Q: What is the one thing that you find to be true that most people disagree with?
A: Thats a good question! I would have to say I totally disagree with the statement “An entrepreneur’s light is never out” because that is an utter lie and should NOT be taught to entrepreneurs. Why? Because we all need rest especially those of us who are mompreneurs (and dadpreneurs). We cannot be at our best if we are tired , cranky and wearing our bodies down. I changed that phrast a bit to: A mompreneurs light must go out sometimes or you will burn out. I believe that. To do your best — you must get rest. LOL My advice: Work smarter NOT harder.
Q: Describe your life as a teenager. What did you do for fun and did you still want to be an entrepreneur at that age?
A: As a teenager, I was all over the place. I loved to write and was coming into my own as a young woman. My lack of confidence got me in some bad situations and I felt many times I was not “enough”. I don’t exactly remember having an actual plan for my life at the time…I just know that I loved to teach and help people. I planned to go to USA in Alabama and major in Business Administration until I found out I was pregnant with my oldest daughter at 17 and then entered the medical field.
Q: What is your favorite social media platform and why?
A: Ahhh! I love me some social media, so thats hard. I enjoy various platforms for different reasons, but will chose Instagram to answer your question. Oh and why..Well, I feel like Instagram is the best way that I can engage with the amazing followers of the #IAmSimplyBeautiful Movement and I sooo enjoy seeing their pictures.
Q: How do you juggle all that you are doing; being a mom, an entrepreneur, and activist and so many other roles)?
A: It’s not easy — but it’s worth it. I have to learn to balance work, family, play and heyyy even some me time in there as well. How? I schedule everything. I have a calendar where I keep all of my daily tasks, then I have a daily checklist that has on it reminders like: 1) Did you meditate? 2) What is your power word for today? 3) Did you read for 30 minutes today? etc. Sometimes my family gets more of my attention and others my business gets my full attention. I learned to accept that and just do the best I can.
Get to know Ashley…
- What was your favorite food when you were a child? Pizza
- What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod? Chasing The Sky — Empire
- What is one of your favorite quotes? “Women, if the soul of the nation is to be saved, I believe that you must become its soul.” – Coretta Scott King
- What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity? Indoor – Watching Movies and Writing and Outdoor – Swimming
- What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Dishes
- What is your favorite form of exercise? Swimming, Walking
- What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year? Day – Nighttime, Day of the Week – Sunday, Month – December because I love Christmas
- What’s your least favorite mode of transportation? Flying — I hate to fly, but I have to do it anyways.
- What is your favorite body part? My eyes and my Butt (I am just saying)
- What sound do you love? My daughters calling my name (even though it gets annoying sometimes, I love my princesses)
- If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for? Hmm…I would like to throw a party for all of the ladies who have and are continuing to support the #IAmSimplyBeautiful Movement — and you know I like to think big, so lets say we are throwing it because we have hit 1 million posts on Instagram! 🙂
- If you could paint a picture of any scenery you’ve seen before, what would you paint? The mountains in Tennessee. I fell in love!
- If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? I wouldn’t ant to stay a specific age because it would be no fun. The challenge is growing up and growing old and setting goals and knocking them out the ball park and learning along the way…
- If you knew the world was ending in 2017, what would you do differently? Pull my kids out of school and travel the world. I would experience all the world has to offer and spread love and beauty to people around the world.
- If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? Dead: Coretta Scott King, Lucille Ball, Maya Angelou — Living: Oprah, Michelle Obama
- If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be? My princesses all graduating college and living their dreams.
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Ice Skate
- If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be? A film.
- If you were immortal for a day, what would you do? Sky Dive
- If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? Leylee – my nickname
- If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet? OMG! So many…Michelle Obama, President Obama, Lucille Ball, Oprah, Ellen Degeneres, Lisa Nichols, Coretta Scott King, Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks, Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Grace Gealey, Taraji P. Henson, Terrence Howard, Denzel Washington Monica, Will Smith , Jada Pinkett-Smith, Meryl Streep, Avant, Musiq Soulchild…..
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Buy my family a house and invest some of the money.
- If you were reincarnated as an animal/drink/ice cream flavor, what would it be? Chocolate Ice Cream
- If you could know the answer to any question, besides “What is the meaning of life?”, what would it be? ….How do we achieve peace in our world?
- If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? Cookie from Empire