So, 2019 was a year of growth and learning for me. I took some time off from my business to declutter my life, reevaluate where I am and where I want to go and get myself together. I learned it is okay to not be okay. I learned that no matter how much you plan, things still take their own course…and that’s okay. I realized how much I truly love and missed helping women become their best selves and that helped me to know what I want to focus on in 2020. Oh, and I found my most underused platform: YOUTUBE!
As I think about this new year, my POWERword is COMPLETION. My goal is to complete everything that I start and to close out some projects that I have fallen short on in previous years.
My Quote of 2020 is “My happiness is priority and everything else is a BONUS” because I am a serial people-pleaser and I love to see other people happy, but that also leads me to feeling left out, depressed, and depleted. This year I am focusing on self-love and bettering who I am as a person first.
Here are the personal goals that I will reach in 2020:
Grow my Youtube Channel and be monetized – Well, as I wrote this list in December 2019, my main goal was to be monetized on Youtube, but GOD IS GOOD! I was monetized before the end of the year. YAYYYYYYY! 🙂
Now my goal is to grow to 20,000 subscribers by the end of 2020. If you are not subscribed to my channel, CLICK HERE to check out Hustle Beautiful TV.
- Get down to 180lbs. before the end of 2020 – This is a major goal for me because it has been on my goal list for the past like 10 years honestly and as this is the year of COMPLETION, it is time I get focused on me, my health and growing my self-love again. As I always mention, self-love and confidence is not something that you buy and have forever. It has to be renewed daily and I have fallen short in recent months, so it is time to get back on track.
- Purchase a Jeep – I sold my baby Jeep Sally a few years back and it broke my heart as she took me all over the country for so many events and trips. I miss the space I had in my Jeep, too.
- Pay it forward – Make someone’s day…everyday!
- Get my passport – I have been putting it off for some time, but I think it is time to get my passport so that I can see more of the world….I’m going GLOBAL, baby!
- Amp up my shoe collection – OK, so if you know me, you know that if I fall in love with a pair of shoes, I will wear it until it no longer can be considered a shoe, BUT my oldest daughter Phoenyx reminded me that people unintentionally look at your shoes and judge you before they even look at your face. So this girl is about to get her shoe game on point…
- Purchase A House – A major goal this year…purchase a house or build our own. We are in talks about this now…I will keep you updated. 🙂
- Create a glam studio and office area for filming – How much I get done and how well it is done is directly affected by my environment. I used to say over and over again, “Change your mindset, change your life” but as I get older I have learned that ” Change your environment, change your life” is just as true. I love beauty and glam, sparkles and shimmers and I want my office to reflect that and scream HUSTLE BEAUTIFUL!!!!
- Get at least 2 tattoos – I have been talking about getting another tattoo for at least two years now and still have not done it. I know I want the GEMINI symbol, but I am not sure what else…I will keep you updated on that process as well. I love fun, colorful YET MEANINGFUL tattoos. It has to mean something dear to me to go on my body. No randomness period. LOL
- Get my nose pierced– Just cause…why not???
- Get my belly button pierced – My reward for getting to 180lbs. when I get there…
- Go on a romantic vacation – Baby and I went to Los Angeles together almost two years ago and it was the most amazing experience ever and I found a place that I truly love and enjoyed it with the man I love. Now it is time to explore somewhere else…Where should we go??
- Drink a drink I have never drank before– I don’t drink very often, but when I do I love stuff like Baileys and Kahlua and Hennessy is my favorite liquor…BUT I want to try something new this year. Oh and I love all of those fun mixed drink videos on Instagram, so maybe it is time to make a few of those.
- Try a new Starbucks drink- I could drink Starbucks 24/7 365. Like I love Starbucks too much yall. It is an addiction, like maybe I need to sent to Starbucks Anonymous, seriously. There is a flip-side to the deliciously creamy frappuccinos…What do you do when you have tried all of the drinks and there is none left to try? This year I am committed to trying a Starbucks drink that I never have before..Leave your suggestions below and I may just try them (if I haven’t already).
- Start and record a weekly Podcast- The Hustle Beautiful Podcast is launching January 26th and I am working on a schedule for the Podcast. If you are interested in being a guest, click here.
- Do an Ancestry DNA test- I want to do one soooo bad. I love learning about my history and where I came from and I would would love to be able to dive deeper into my ancestry. I wonder if there will be any surprises?
- Have family game/movie night – Although we have movie and game nights pretty often, I would like to make it a point to have one weekly on the same day so that we all have something to look forward to.
- Get MacBook Pro – My Macbook recently kicked the dust…maybe I did wayyy to much on it and it just got tired…that is probably the truth, but I need to get another one this year even though I am old school and love my dual screen Dell set up that suits me just fine. I need something portable to take with me to get my work done on the go.
- Buy a guitar and start playing again – You may or may not know this about me, but I took guitar lessons for like 8 years and piano for 2. I grew up in a household filled with music as my daddy was always listening to or playing music. Yall he learned to play multiple instruments by ear and even wrote me my own song…plus we do a duet together of Don’t Cry Joni by Conway Twitty. That being said, it has been years since I picked up a guitar, so I think this is the perfect time.
- Get tshirt designs and hoodies to rock – As you know, I have my own Hustle Beautiful merchandise line with almost 500 design options to help you rock your confidence and make bold statements to the world. With having so many designs, I only have a small portion of my designs, so this year I am committed to getting and rocking them on the regular.
- Start writing again…daily. Journaling. – I used to write everyday, but I got away from it. This year I would like to write every day even if only for a little bit to get back into the habit because I feel so much better when I write.
- Get my fishing license and go fishing with baby – One of my favorite moments of 2019 was when me and baby went to the pier to fish and pulled an allnighter. It was so beautiful watching the sun come up together and compete to see who caught the most fish. I still say it was me, but he begs to differ.
- Visit a place I have never been – I have this goal every year and I seem to make it happen probably because I love to travel and experience new places. Let’s see where 2020 takes me…
- Buy Fresh Food at the Farmer’s Market – Another just because goal…some have exceptional meanings and some are just fun.
- Get teeth work done – I have two teeth that need to come out and some work that needs to be done to my mouth, but I hate the dentist so I keep putting it off. Well it is time to get it done, so it doesn’t cause me any more problems.
- Go swimming – Don’t you know ya girl loves the water…I want to go to the beach as a family with baby and the princesses.
- Go on a movie date with baby – We watch movies all the time at home, but I actually want to go on a dinner and a movie date with baby…um, did you see how I slipped dinner in there???
- Get a case and display my grandma’s shoes in my house – My grandma was an huge collector of miniature porcelain shoes and she gave them to me before she died and those are one of my most prized possessions. At our last house, I had them on display on a bookshelf in my beauty room, but I would like to get a glass cabinet to display them this year. Do you have any collections?? Let me know below.
- Get prescription sunglasses – It is sad that this is on this list because it is just something that I keep putting off, but hey again I am all about completion this year.
- Make a masterpiece – Whatever it is…I am ready for it.
- Walk the red carpet – Ahhh…just a lil’ fun!
- Wear a bikini – Yep, yep. Girls Gone Wild…LMAO! No, I just want to feel good in my body in a bikini for once. Yeah, I said it…for once. I have literally never felt comfortable in a bikini before.
- Recite a poem at a live event – It has been a while…
- Create a video for one of my poems – I know just the one I want…stay tuned.
- Go on a boat – Again, it has been a while and the water has been calling me on speed dial for a while now. It’s time to answer.
- Get each of the girls a hobby – My princesses are all so different. Victoria is the princess who loves to help others, Amiyah is definitely the independent one of the
- Release Fefe’s First Book – A Dog Meets Friends COMING SOON!
- Produce at least 3 books this year – Self-explanatory…I love sharing my gifts with the world and helping other share their messages with those who need it the most.
- Take time and watch a new movie a week – This is a self-love thing. I enjoy movies, but often times focus on everything else rather than sitting down and taking time to watch one….More Hallmark channel too!
- Focus on my mental and emotional health – Spend more time doing what I love regardless of what people think about me.
- Focus on Family, Health, Love and Happiness – I want to dance in the rain and enjoy every moment, love on my family and spread joy to the world..starting with myself.
Well, that is 40 things that I want to accomplish and improve on in 2020. What are your goals for this year? Comment them below because I believe that when you share them with the universe, you are way more likely to follow through with them and the universe will help you along the way.
I will keep you updated on my progress as the year goes on….
CHECK OUT MY PROFESSIONAL GOALS FOR 2020 ON HUSTLE BEAUTIFUL.